The Great Outdoors: Call For Art
Entry Submission Deadline: July 31, 2014
The Great Outdoors is an exhibit open to Painters (Plein Air, Watercolor, Acrylic, Oils), Pastel Artists, Photographers, Print-makers, Quilters, and any artist whose work might fit the theme.
The Great Outdoors exhibit will be held at the Georgetown Art Center, in the historic district of Georgetown from September 5 through September 28, 2014.
We welcome any artwork related to ‘The Great Outdoors’ theme.
Judges: Nick Ramos and Micki Avery
Entry Fees: $10 entry fee – For each piece
Digital retouching and/or editing of completed art images are not acceptable as a representation of original art. Digital Art is welcome. Artists must own the copyright of artwork submitted. Only original art will be accepted.
Accepted artwork must be available for the Great Outdoors exhibit (September 5 – 28, 2014). It must be delivered by September 2, 2014 to the Georgetown Art Center.
The Great Outdoors Exhibit Calendar
- July 31, 2014: Entries are due.
- August 5, 2014: Notification of Jury Results
- September 2, 2014: Artwork due at Georgetown Art Center
- September 5, 2014: The Great Outdoor Exhibit begins
- September X, 2014: Artist Reception
- September 28, 2014: The Great Outdoors Exhibit closes
How to Submit Your Artwork Entries
Artwork Entry Submission Requirements:
- Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats.
- Images must accurately represent the original work.
- Each file size must be 1200 pixels or less on the longest size, the file size must be no larger than 10 mb.
- For art to be accepted, file sizes must match this requirement.
- Digital retouching and/or editing of completed art images are not acceptable as a representation of original art.
Online Submissions Only
- Upload your artwork online by July 31, 2014
- Pay entry fees through PayPal
Terms of Entry for Entrants:
- I understand that any entries not conforming to specified guidelines will be eliminated from consideration. I also accept that the entry fee will not be refunded.
- If selected as a participant in ‘The Great Outdoors’ Exhibit I agree that my work(s) will be available for exhibition from September 5-28, 2014.
- As an ‘The Great Outdoors’ Exhibit participant, I grant permission to Georgetown Art Works to display my work and website link (if applicable) on the Georgetown Art Works website.
- I understand that I retain full rights to my art and images. Georgetown Art Works will not use my art and images for any other kind of promotional work without expressed written consent.
- Should an entry of mine sell during ‘The Great Outdoors’ ; I agree that Georgetown Art Works will take a 30% commission. I will receive the remaining 70%. Sales tax will be received and paid by the business exhibiting and transacting the sale of my art work.