The American Dream: Call For Art
Entry Submission Deadline: April 30, 2014
The American Dream (Artists Perception of the American Dream) exhibit hopes to create a dialogue with our local community about what does it represents to different people. It’s a term that is often used, but what does that really mean? For some, it might be being able to own their own home, but for others it can be about freedom of speech. We would like to invite the artists to share with us how they interpret the theme.
The American Dream exhibit will be held at the Georgetown Art Center, in the historic district of Georgetown from June 6 through July 20, 2014.
For this exhibit we are accepting any art medium, as long as it’s your interpretation of the ‘American Dream’. A statement about the work must be included, as it will be helpful to understand the artists’s perspective, when reviewing the artwork.
Judges: Nick Ramos and Micki Avery
Entry Fees: $10 entry fee – For each piece
Digital retouching and/or editing of completed art images are not acceptable as a representation of original art. Digital Art is welcome. Artists must own the copyright of artwork submitted. Only original art will be accepted.
Accepted artwork must be available for the American Dream exhibit (June 6 – July 20, 2014). It must be delivered by June 2nd, 2014 to the Georgetown Art Center.
The American Dream Exhibit Calendar
- April 30, 2014: Entries are due.
- May 5, 2014: Notification of Jury Results
- June 2, 2014: Artwork due at Georgetown Art Center
- June 6, 2014: The American Dream Exhibit begins
- June X, 2014: Artist Reception
- July 20, 2014: The American Dream Exhibit closes
How to Submit Your Artwork Entries
Artwork Entry Submission Requirements:
- Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats.
- Images must accurately represent the original work.
- Each file size must be 1200 pixels or less on the longest size, the file size must be no larger than 10 mb.
- For art to be accepted, file sizes must match this requirement.
- Digital retouching and/or editing of completed art images are not acceptable as a representation of original art.
Online Submissions Only
- Upload your artwork online by April 30, 2014
- Pay entry fees through PayPal
Terms of Entry for Entrants:
- I understand that any entries not conforming to specified guidelines will be eliminated from consideration.
- I accept that the entry fee is non-refundable.
- If selected as a participant
- I agree that my work(s) will be available for exhibition during the specified dates of the American Dream exhibit
- I grant permission to Georgetown Art Works to display my work on the Georgetown Art Works website
- I understand that I retain full rights to my art images. Georgetown Art Works will not use my art and images for any other kind of promotional work without expressed written consent
- Should an entry of mine sell during the American Dream exhibit; I agree that Georgetown Art Works will take a 30% commission. I will receive the remaining 70%. Sales tax will be received and paid by Georgetown Art Works.