Art Hop 2020
Call for Art — CLOSED
Georgetown Art Works invites Texas Artists to submit for the 2020 Art Hop Juried Art Exhibit
Show Location: Georgetown, TX
Call Description: The 2020 Art Hop exhibit is a statewide juried art exhibit, organized by Georgetown Art Works. Georgetown Art Works (Georgetown Art Center) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the arts in the City of Georgetown, Texas.
The 2020 Art Hop will be held in the historic district of Georgetown from October 2, 2020 through October 31, 2020.
The participating venues are Georgetown Art Center and the Georgetown Public Library.
The 2020 Art Hop will award cash / prizes for the Best in Show plus additional cash / prizes for individual categories.
Who’s Eligible: Open to any 16 years or older Texas resident.
- 2D Abstract – Subject matter is abstract. Any 2D Medium: Painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed Media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel, printmaking (Giclee reproductions are not permitted).
- 2D Representational – Subject matter is Representational. Any medium: Painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel, printmaking (Giclee reproductions are not permitted).
- 3D – Ceramics, sculpture, 3D, assemblage, etc…
- Photography – any photographic medium
- July 31, 2020: Entries are due
- September 1, 2020: Art Hop Participants Announced
- September 19, 2020: Shipped Entries are due
- September 21, 2020: Hand Delivered Entries are due at each individual venue to be specified upon acceptance. Volunteers will be available from noon to 3 pm to receive artwork.
- October 2, 2020: Art Hop Exhibit Opens
- October 3, 2020: Artist Reception & Awards Ceremony
- October 31, 2020: Art Hop Exhibit Closes
- November 1, 2020: Artwork pick up at participating venues Sunday from noon – 3 pm
- November 3, 2020: Return mailing of shipped entries begins
2020 Art Hop Judges
- 2D Representational: Carrie Cook
- 2D Abstract: Cristina White-Jones
- 3D: Brian Johnson
- Photography: John Langford