2020 Call for Art
Critters: Our Animal World
Georgetown Art Works invites Texas Artists to submit for our first Juried Art Exhibit of 2020
Show Location: Georgetown, TX
Call Description: The 2020 Critters: Our Animal World is a statewide juried art exhibit at the Georgetown Art Center, organized by Georgetown Art Works. Georgetown Art Works is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the arts in the City of Georgetown, Texas.
Georgetown Art Center is seeking artists’ original interpretations on the theme Critters: Our Animal World. From realism to abstraction, arachnids to amoebas, friend to foe to fantasy, send us your critter and animal impressions.
Who’s Eligible: Open to any 16 years or older Texas resident.
Any medium is acceptable providing the Art Center can accommodate the work. For example: painting, sculpture, drawing, ceramic, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed media, digital art, photography, textile art, collage, assemblage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel, or printmaking.
Only original work is eligible. Giclee or other reproductions are not permitted. etc.
Georgetown Art Works reserves the right to reject entries that promote gratuitous violence, racism, or hate speech.
- Jan 6, 2020: Entries are due
- February 2020: Participants Announced
- March 20, 2020: Exhibit Opens
- March 21, 2020: Artist Reception
- May 3, 2020: Exhibit Closes
Georgetown Art Center will award cash/prizes for the Best in Show plus additional cash/prizes for individual categories.
Critters: Our Animal World Judges
- Audrey Danze Blood
- Cheryl Schneider
- Ariana Dryden
- Christy Stallop
Artist Eligibility: All artists residing in Texas and 16 years or older are eligible
maximum of 5 pieces can be entered per artist
- $35 – up to three pieces of artwork
- $50 – four or five pieces of artwork
Artwork Eligibility Specifications:
- Accepted artwork must be available for the exhibit. It must be delivered by March May 15, 2020 to The Georgetown Art Center in Georgetown, Texas.
- Artists must own the copyright of the artwork submitted. Only original art will be accepted.
- Labeling – each entry must be securely labeled on the back of the art with the artist’s full name, phone, address, title of piece, medium, size and price (even if it’s not for sale. Just note that it is not for sale)
- Descriptions of work are not necessary, but may be helpful in case judges have questions or need clarification.
2D, Photography, and Wall pieces Artwork Requirements:
Artwork should be no larger than 42 inches on any side, including frame. If artwork is framed, frame must be included in the measurement. Work should arrive ready to hang with securely attached wire or hanging hardware.
Artwork must have a professional presentation.
3D, Ceramics, Sculpture Requirements:
3D Floor pieces in any permanent medium may be no larger than 60 inches in length or height on any side AND no heavier than 50 lbs. If a sculpture requires a pedestal, the pedestal must be included with the entry.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK ENTRIES
Entrythingy Entry Submission Requirements:
- Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats
- Images must accurately represent the original art
- JPEG (.jpg) files only
- Each file must be less than 1200 pixels on the longest side
- The file size can not exceed 10 MB
- Upload your artwork online by Jan 6, 2020
- Pay entry fees through PayPal
*** Make sure that you upload all of your images before you click on the submit button. IF you upload one work of art and hit submit, you won’t be able to add other works without contacting us.***
TERMS OF ENTRY FOR ENTRANTS:
- I understand that any entries not conforming to specified guidelines will be eliminated from consideration.
- I accept that the entry fee will not be refunded.
- If selected as an 2020 Critters: Our Animal World artist:
- I agree that my work(s) will be available for exhibition during the specified dates of the exhibit.
- I grant permission to Georgetown Art Works to display images of my work(s) on the Georgetown Art Center website
- I understand that I retain full rights to my art images. Georgetown Art Works will not use my art and images for any other kind of promotional work without expressed written consent
- Should an entry of mine sell during the exhibition; I agree that Georgetown Art Works will take a 30% commission. I will receive the remaining 70%. Sales tax will be received and paid by Georgetown Art Works.
Liability statement: I understand that the reasonable care will be given to my work(s) during handling, hanging, exhibiting, and transporting. I will not hold Georgetown Art Works or any venue or participant in this art show responsible for personal injury, loss, or damage to my art. Artists are encouraged to secure insurance for their work if necessary.