CALL FOR ART: 2014 ART HOP
Call for art entries
Georgetown Art Works invites Texas Artists to submit for the 2014 Art Hop competition
Show Location: Georgetown, TX
Status: Show to entrants and jury
Call Description: The 2014 Art Hop is a statewide juried art exhibit, organized by Georgetown Art Works. Georgetown Art Works is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the arts int he city of Georgetown, TX.
Who’s Eligible: Open to any 18 years or older Texas resident.
- 2D – includes painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite pastel printmaking, etc…
- 3D – ceramics, glass, wood and sculpture
- Photography – any photographic medium
- Printmaking – only original prints are eligible
The 2014 Art Hop will award over $5,500 in cash and prizes.
Best in Show: a $1,000 cash + $250 Jerry’s Artarama Gift Certificate +$250 Ampersand Gift Certificate
People’s Choice Award (New Category): :$250 Ampersand Gift Certificate
Individual Category Prizes:
- First Place: $500
- Second Place: $300
- Third Place: $200
2014 Art Hop Judges:
- 2D: Judith Taylor of Gallery Shoal Creek, Austin
- 3D: Scott Proctor
- Photography: Susi Brister
- Printmaking: John S. Hancock of The Amazing Hancock Brothers
entries are due by august 22, 2014
2014 Art Hop Calendar
- August 22: Entries are due. All mailed in entries must be received by this date.
- September 8: Art Hop Participants will be announced
- September 26: Shipped participant artwork is due
- September 30: Hand delivered participant artwork is due at each individual venue to be specified upon acceptance. Volunteers will be available from noon to 3 PM.
- October 3: 2014 Art Hop Exhibit opens
- October 11: Artist Reception & Awards Ceremony, Georgetown Art Center
- October 30: 2014 Art Hop Exhibit closes
- October 31: Artwork pick up at participating venues from 2 to 5 PM
- November 4: Returned mailing of shipped artwork begins.
Submission Requirements & Procedures
Artist Eligibility: All artists residing in Texas and 18 years or older are eligible
2D, 3D, Photography and Printmaking – maximum of 5 pieces can be entered per artist
- $35 – up to three pieces of artwork
- $50 – four or five pieces of artwork
Artwork Eligibility Specifications:
- The 2014 Art Hop is open to any artist 18 years or older residing in the state of Texas
- All art submissions must have been completed between January 1, 2013 and August 22, 2014
- Accepted artwork must be available for the 2014 Art Hop exhibit. It must be delivered on September 30, 2014 to the selected venue.
- Digital retouching and/or editing of completed art images are not acceptable as a representation of original art. Artists must own the copyright of the artwork submitted. Only original art will be accepted.
- Labeling – each entry must be securely labeled on eh back of the art with the artist’s full name, phone, address, title of piece, medium, size and price (even if it’s not for sale. Just note that it is not for sale)
2D, Photography, Printmaking, Wall pieces Artwork Requirements:
- Artwork should be no larger than 150 united inches (length + height). If artwork is framed, the frame must be included in the measurement. Each piece must be properly wrapped if shipped and ready to hang with suitable wire. No saw-tooth hangers or string, please. Artwork must have a professional presentation.
3D, Ceramics, Sculpture Requirements:
- 3D floor pieces may be of any size in an y permanent medium. If a sculpture requires a pedestal, it must be included with the entry.
How to Submit Your Artwork Entries
Artwork Entry Submission Requirements:
- Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats
- Images must accurately represent the original art
- JPEG (.jpg) files only
- Each file must be less than 1200 pixels on the longest side
- The file size can not exceed 10 MB
Our Preference: Online
- Upload your artwork online by August 22, 2014
- Pay entry fees through PayPal
- Mail-in entries must be received by August 22, 2014
- Entries must be submitted on a CD or DVD
- Each disc must be properly labeled with your full name, email and telephone number, in case we need to contact you with any questions
- Each image must be named with the artist’s last name and title (artistname_title.jpg)
- Complete the entry form, print it and make sure to mail it with your entry.
- Payments by check or money order must be included in submission
- Make checks or money orders payable to: Georgetown Art Works
- Please note: any discs or other materials submitted will not be returned
Mail to:Georgetown Art Works 2014 Art Hop Competition 1102 S. Austin Ave. Suite 110-118 Georgetown, Texas 78626 Do NOT mail entries to the Georgetown Art Center, nor drop it off at the Art Center.
Terms of Entry for Entrants:
- I understand that any entries not conforming to specified guidelines will be eliminated from consideration.
- I accept that the entry fee is non-refundable.
- If selected as an 2014 Art Hop participant and/or award winner
- I agree that my work(s) will be available for exhibition during the specified dates of the 2014 Art Hop
- I grant permission to Georgetown Art Works to display my work and website link on the Georgetown Art Works website
- I understand that I retain full rights to my art images. Georgetown Art Works will not use my art and images for any other kind of promotional work without expressed written consent
- Should an entry of mine sell during the 2014 Art Hop exhibition; I agree that Georgetown Art Works will take a 30% commission. I will receive the remaining 70%. Sales tax will be received and paid by the business exhibiting my artwork and transacting the sale of my art work.
Special Thanks to our sponsors: