Call for Art
2016 Art Hop
Georgetown Art Works invites Texas Artists to submit for the 2016 Art Hop competition
Show Location: Historic district of Georgetown, TX
Participating venues: Georgetown Art Center & Georgetown Public Library
The 2016 Art Hop is a statewide juried art exhibit, organized by Georgetown Art Works. Georgetown Art Works is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the arts in the city of Georgetown, TX.
Who’s Eligible: Open to any 18 years or older Texas resident.
Attention: Artwork must have been created between January 1, 2015 through August 28, 2016.
Entries are due by August 28, 2016
- 2D Abstract – Subject matter is abstract. Any 2D Medium:Painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed Media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel, etc…
- 2D Representational – Subject matter is Representational. Any medium: Painting, watercolor, encaustic, acrylic, oil, mixed Media, digital art, collage, gouache, ink, graphite, pastel, etc…
- 3D – Ceramics, sculpture, 3D, assemblage, etc…
- Photography – any photographic medium
- Printmaking – Only original prints are eligible. This includes intaglio, lithography, relief, silkscreen, monoprint and monotype prints. Reproductions of any sort are not permitted. A reproduction constitutes any work originally created in a different medium than the print medium.
Best in Show: $1,000 cash + prizes
Individual Category Prizes:
- First Place: $500.00 Cash + $250 in prizes
- Second Place: $300.00 Cash
- Third Place: $200.00 Cash
- 2D Abstract: Shawn Camp – Painter
- 2D Representational: Brenda Hash – Painter
- 3D: James Tisdale – Ceramicist
- Photography: Sarah Natsumi Moore
- Printmaking: Daryl Howard – Printmaker
2016 Art Hop Calendar
- August 28: Entries are due. All mailed in entries must be received by this date.
- September 11: Art Hop Participants will be announced
- September 25: Shipped participant artwork is due
- September 25: Hand delivered participant artwork is due at each individual venue to be specified upon acceptance. Volunteers will be available from noon to 3 PM.
- September 30: 2016 Art Hop Exhibit opens
- October 1: Artist Reception & Awards Ceremony, Georgetown Art Center
- October 29: 2016 Art Hop Exhibit closes
- November 1: Artwork pick up at participating venues from 1 to 4 PM
- November 2: Returned mailing of shipped artwork begins.
Submission Requirements & Procedures
Artist Eligibility: All artists residing in Texas and 18 years or older are eligible
2D, 3D, Photography and Printmaking – maximum of 5 pieces can be entered per artist
- $35 – up to three pieces of artwork
- $50 – four or five pieces of artwork
Artwork Eligibility Specifications:
- The 2016 Art Hop is open to any artist 18 years or older residing in the state of Texas
- All art submissions must have been completed between January 1, 2015 and August 28, 2016
- Accepted artwork must be available for the 2016 Art Hop exhibit. It must be delivered on September 25, 2016 to the selected venue.
- Digital retouching and/or editing of completed art images are not acceptable as a representation of original art. Artists must own the copyright of the artwork submitted. Only original art will be accepted.
- Labeling – each entry must be securely labeled on the back of the art with the artist’s full name, phone, address, title of piece, medium, size and price (even if it’s not for sale. Just note that it is not for sale)
2D, Photography, Printmaking, Wall pieces Artwork Requirements:
- Artwork should be no larger than 150 united inches (length + height). If artwork is framed, the frame must be included in the measurement. Each piece must be properly wrapped if shipped and ready to hang with suitable wire. No saw-tooth hangers or string, please. Artwork must have a professional presentation.
3D, Ceramics, Sculpture Requirements:
- 3D floor pieces may be of any size in any permanent medium. If a sculpture requires a pedestal, it must be included with the entry. * 3D Works of art that are currently being exhibited in the 2016 Texas Society of Sculptors at the Georgetown Public Library cannot apply.
How to Submit Your Artwork Entries
Artwork Entry Submission Requirements:
- Art images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats
- Images must accurately represent the original art
- JPEG (.jpg) files only
- Each file must be less than 1200 pixels on the longest side
- The file size can not exceed 10 MB
Our Preference: Online
- Upload your artwork online by August 28, 2016
- Pay entry fees through PayPal
- Mail-in entries must be received by August 28, 2016
- Entries must be submitted on a CD or DVD using JPEG (.jpg) files only
- Images must be cropped and exclude any frames or mats. Images must accurately represent the original work.
- Each file size must be 1200 pixels or less on the longest side, the file size must be no larger than 10 mb.
- Each disc must be properly labeled with your full name, email and telephone number, in case we need to contact you with any questions
- Each image must be named and saved on a disk (CD or DVD) with the artist’s last name and title (artistname_title.jpg)
- Complete the entry form, print it and make sure to mail it with your entry.
- Payments by check or money order must be included in submission
- Make checks or money orders payable to: Georgetown Art Works
- Please note: any discs or other materials submitted will not be returnedMail to:
Georgetown Art Works 2015 Art Hop Competition 1102 S. Austin Ave. Suite 110-118 Georgetown, Texas 78626 Do NOT mail entries to the Georgetown Art Center, nor drop it off at the Art Center.
Terms of Entry for Entrants:
- I understand that any entries not conforming to specified guidelines will be eliminated from consideration.
- I accept that the entry fee is non-refundable.
- If selected as an 2016 Art Hop participant and/or award winner
- I agree that my work(s) will be available for exhibition during the specified dates of the 2016 Art Hop
- I grant permission to Georgetown Art Works to display my work and website link on the Georgetown Art Works website
- I understand that I retain full rights to my art images. Georgetown Art Works will not use my art and images for any other kind of promotional work without expressed written consent
- Should an entry of mine sell during the 2016 Art Hop exhibition; I agree that Georgetown Art Works will take a 30% commission. I will receive the remaining 70%. Sales tax will be received and paid by the business exhibiting my artwork and transacting the sale of my art work.
Liability statement: I understand that reasonable care will be given to my work(s) during handling, hanging, exhibiting, and transporting. I will not hold Georgetown Art Works or any venue or participant in this art show responsible for personal injury, loss, or damage to my art. Artists are encouraged to secure insurance for their work if necessary.